Pages

Monday, January 14, 2013

Reflection

A lot of people have been talking about setting a word instead of resolutions for the new year. At first I didn't like the idea because it felt either too specific or too general, but the more I thought about it the more I liked the it, and my 2013 word slowly came to me: reflection.  I have a strong tendency to just react, to do without thinking. I'm impulsive, which can be a strength, but I think 2013 is my year to step back and reflect.

This year I want to be more honest with myself.
I want to take more time to think before speaking, before judging.
I want to take stock of things as they are before choosing to act.
DSC08736
I want to watch my daughter to see what she reflects of me and who she really is.
DSC03831
It's all a part of trying to slow down a bit and decide what's really important to me.
Have you chosen a word for this year?  What is it?

4 comments:

Kier said...

I am working on a post now that I am sitting on until I am ready to publish. But my last sentence declares "change" as my word for 2013. Nice timing on your post!

Kier said...

I am working on a post now that I am sitting on until I am ready to publish. But my last sentence declares "change" as my word for 2013. Nice timing on your post!

Alicia said...

Great minds, right Kier?! Happy New Year to your and yours!

zach said...

You only need to reflect on how Awesome you are!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs