Pages

Thursday, December 27, 2012

Simple Lives

Hey everybody!
How was your holiday? Ours was fantastic. I can't wait to tell you all about the great things we got and gave but I'm holding off until next week because we have another family Christmas this Saturday.
I am going to rush off today and spend more time with this little girl because I'm still home from work on break and can't seem to get enough of her.
Like most toddlers, she has been going through phases with food. Sometimes she'll eat very well and others she'll barely eat anything, including old favorites like bananas and avocados.  The discovery I recently made is that we're more successful if we give her a variety of foods. I have always given her whatever we eat, no special kid meals, but I never realized just how repetitive we our in our meal plan. I'm going to make a better effort to switch up our sides in the hopes that she'll find some new flavors that she likes.
Guess what she absolutely loves?  Steamed broccoli.
DSC09194 
Kids are funny.
I hope you all had the merriest and will see you next week. Until then, check out the fantastic contributors to Simple Lives Thursday, starting with last week's favorite posts.


lenora
1. Christmas for a Sharecropper's Daughter by Farm Hand's Companion. "When I see houses today- similar to what we grew up in- my first thought is, "Oh, those poor people." But at that time, we were so content. I was the youngest of eight children. We always had a roof over our head; we had walls around us."
  04-29-2012-120511
2. Sprouting for Winter Vegetables: A Tutorial by A Life Unprocessed. "This is the time of year when sprouts are a great organic, locally grown and affordable green vegetable. They'll grow year round, of course, but fresh greens from other sources are harder to come by in winter, making sprouts a better fresh, local option."
  armpit

3. Removing Yellow Armpit Stains from Clothing with Dish Soap, Peroxide and Baking Soda Review- Does it Work? by Green Idea Reviews. "If you've ever been an antiperspirant user, you know that yellow armpit stains come with the territory. You also know that yellow antiperspirant armpit stains do NOT wash out in the regular laundry, or even with your typical go-to stain removers."


1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs