Pages

Thursday, December 15, 2011

Oil Cleansing Method and Simple Lives Thursday


Greetings!
Guess what?  The semester is over.  I am home until the first week in January. That makes me go like this:

I'm going to share a new way I've been cleaning my face these days.  I started thinking today of just a few of the things that people don't tell you about pregnancy and childbirth:

  • Your hips might widen, and it might hurt, especially since you can only sleep on your sides.
  • While your hair and nails will be full and amazing during pregnancy, this will change when baby finally arrives, just when you've started getting used to it.
  • It is totally normal for your moles and freckles to change during pregnancy, so what would send you to the dermatologist for a check in your regular life is just a part of the process.
  • You can get back to your pre-pregnancy weight but still not fit into some of your clothes. 
  • The hormones during pregnancy could make you break out like a teenager again.
  • Once your baby is born, your skin might be totally different than it was before and during pregnancy.
The final point is one that has hit home for me big time recently.  I normally have very dry skin, but for some reason it's been normal to oily recently, which throws off my whole cleansing routine.  I usually no-poo but I'd never tried making a daily cleanser for my face.  I had read about the oil cleansing method (OCM) and decided this change in my skin type was a perfect time to give it a try.  I've been very happy with the results and plan to keep it up so long as it keeps working so well.

This page is an excellent one for learning more about OCM and that blog is fantastic for homemade skin stuff in general.  

Here's what I do:
Mix in your palm or in a bottle

  • One part cold pressed castor oil
  • Two parts sweet almond oil (I used this one)
  • One drop lavender essential oil (optional)

 I rub this on my dry skin and use it to remove make-up.  (It's the best way to remove makeup that I've found.)
After washing with the oil, I wipe it off well with a wet washcloth with very hot water.  I follow up with a moisturizer or leave a little oil on my skin.  

It's Simple Lives Thursday, so check out last week's featured posts and submit yours!


Featured Posts from Last Week's Submissions

SLT Featured Post Badge 
 We really enjoy reading your posts each week! Featured post bloggers, please grab the badge above and display it on your site! Link it to one of the host blogs' posts for the specific week that you were featured. Here are our picks from last week's submissions. Thanks to all who participated -- it is always hard to choose!
1. Start a Harvest Sharing Program by Food Farm Health. "Harvest sharing is the idea of linking up people with unwanted fruit trees or berry patches or even extra garden harvests with those who want of it via a fruit sharing organization. It is about rescuing and redistributing food." This blogger shares her tips for getting started.
2. Meat by clabbermouth. Raising animals for meat or by-product means making tough choices about animals you love. This meat had a wonderful life, and was cared for deeply and respectfully.
3. "Sugar" Cookie Cut-Outs (includes GF option) by The Nourishing Home. Just in time for Christmas. Sugar cookies sweetened with stevia and real maple syrup.
3. It's Not Too Late for a {Super-Frugal} Handmade Christmas! by RiddleLove. Simple, Frugal, Homemade. What's not to love!

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs