I have a busy day with a good friend in from out of town and a steering committee meeting with the Iowa Valley Food Cooperative tonight, so I'm putting up Simple Lives Thursday and letting you have at it.
Remember that we four host:
Annette at Sustainable Eats
Mare at Just Making Noise
Please link up your posts and tell us what you're doing to produce more and consume less. Have you started preserving anything yet this summer? Are you participating in a CSA? Tell us all about it in a blog post and link up!
Featured Posts from Last Week's SubmissionsThe posts from last week that really caught our eyes are... (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)
1. Cherry Lemon Tart by Like A Bubbling Brook. Guest blogger Kelly shares a tart to use her family's favorite summer fruit: cherries. "Cherries are an incredibly delicious and nutritious superfood packed with vital nutrients that improve health and well being, such as beta carotene, vitamin C, potassium, magnesium, iron, fiber and folate."
2. Food Studies Emerge in Higher Education by Zomppa. We love seeing consciousness about food in higher education; it is well worth academic attention!
3. Medieval Cookery: Browning Chicken and Making Soft Cheese by Tea Time with Annie Kate. Traditional food cooked in traditional ways connects us with our past –- which was often the most sustainable way to live.
4. Just For Women by Mexican Wildflower. Simple and natural ways to help you along during "that time of the month."
5. Mint Lamb Sausage by Hounds in the Kitchen. Not only are we impressed that this family makes a batch of sausage in 30 minutes flat, but the combination of lamb and mint is absolutely tantalizing.