Pages

Thursday, May 19, 2011

Rosie's Best Sampling Event, and Simple Lives Thursday

Greetings y'all!
It's been a crazy week and this post has to be a quick one because my internet connection is being extra fussy. 
I spent all day yesterday preparing for my very first sampling event at the New Pioneer Food Cooperative in downtown Iowa City.
This involved making some fresh peanut butter
and coconut butter
DSC01885
and lots of great smells.
DSC01888
I love working with these ingredients.
DSC01878I set up my little table and sampled granola along with some local yogurt.
241613 10100258863602209 14826200 51431190 1644876 o
I got lots of great feedback and made quite a few sales.  My favorite part was definitely getting called "Rosie" over and over.  Some people were curious about the nutrition, others were impressed that granola could taste so good.  I felt really lucky to have people understand and appreciate what I'm doing, so you can be sure that there will be more sample events in the future. (and of course I'll give better notice here!)
Time to get to this week's blog hop!  First, the featured posts, and then the linky at the bottom.  Take a look around and link up!


Featured Posts from Last Week's Submissions


The posts from last week that really caught our eyes are... (thanks everyone for the great submissions, as always!)



1. Radish Leaf Pesto by Attainable Sustainable.
This pesto made from radish leaves is vividly green and beautiful, and frugal because it uses the part we almost always discard.



2. Ants In My Kitchen by Jo's Health Corner.
Great tips on how to fight the good fight against these annoying (and often painful) pests!



3. Make Your Own Sea Salt in 4 Easy Steps by Just Making Noise.
If you live near the coast (in an un-radioactive area), this is a great, frugal way to making your own sea salt.



4. Frozen Vegetables and Food Preservation Choices by An Austin Homestead.
"There are several options for storing your produce for the next season, and they're not all created equal or all suited for every crop."



5. Farmin' and Cryin' by Diary of an Outlaw Farmer.
This young lady had us crying!

1 comment:

Outlaw Farmer said...

Hey, hope I'm not too late to the party. Thanks for featuring me on here! I have another "sensitive" post this week. Guess I'm just really tapped into the emotions lately. LOVE that you made your own peanut butter. The granola looks wonderful. its screamin out for some goat's milk yogurt. Please check out my recipe for Senegalese peanut butter tomato sauce too. Its the bomb!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs