Pages

Thursday, May 5, 2011

Simple Lives Thursday

Hey everybody!
Boy it's been a crazy week.  It's been LONG and SLOW and full of grading.  I'm still trying to keep my head above water, so today I'm just going to share a few photos of what I've been up to around the house and put up the linky for the blog hop that I host every week about keeping things simple.
The weather has been mixed recently, but there have most certainly been days of full sun.  Once a week, I drive to West Branch, Iowa, (yes, the birthplace of Herbert Hoover!) to do some tutoring.  The drive is short and within a few minutes I'm out of the city and into the open fields of Iowa.  I love it out here.
DSC01543Sunlight and shadows everywhere I look.
DSC01554Some days I want to just abandon the drive home and stay out here.
DSC01556Once a month or so I go to the Amana Colonies to have meetings to discuss the upcoming Iowa Valley Food Coop (locals check it OUT!) and these trips bring me even more open skies.
DSC01565Now that you've soaked in a little Iowa countryside, it's time for the blog hop!  Each week, these ladies and I host the hop:

Annette at Sustainable Eats  
This weeks featured posts and the linky are below!

Featured Posts




1. Homemade Creamsicles by Mrs. Happy Homemaker
MMMM.... Need we say more?

 




2. "Use it up, wear it out, make it do or do without" by a Good and Simple life
A great reminder to live frugally and make do with what we have as generations before us have always done.

 




3.Homemade Deodorant by the morris tribe
An all natural deodorant that's frugal to make and works!

 




4. The Bleater Sisters and Why I Grow My Own by The Leftover Queen
The Leftover Queen has decided to take full responsibility for their health and food opting out of the industrial system.

 




5. How to Garden with Lots of Little Ones in Tow by Dyno-Mom
Cultivating a garden cultivates so much more in a family.



No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs