Pages

Thursday, March 17, 2011

Stuff I'm Loving this Week, and Simple Lives Thursday #35

For 35 Thursday's in a row, these three bloggers and I

Wardeh at GNOWFGLINS
and Annette at 
Sustainable Eats

have hosted a blog hop, bringing together blogs from all over the country to share what we're doing to keep things simple in our lives and homes.  Our contributors never fail to impress, and their numbers have been growing steadily each week.  Last edition, we had 86 entries! Won't you join us this week?
First I'm going to share some things I've been loving this week.  Then look for the linky at the bottom of this post and join the blog party!
I love:
This cleaner from Bon Ami.  I had always used Comet because of its scrubbing power, but this doesn't contain bleach and does the job just as well.  I started using it with my vinegar cleaner and haven't looked back to conventional cleaners since.
DSC01086Ingredients:
DSC01087These, my annual food sin.  I can't help it.
DSC01064Watching my nephew give toys to my niece, including this little ballerina that I played with when I was little.  (This explains why she's missing her top...)
DSC01067And when my dad snuggles her.  Don't you love watching grown men go all soft around baby girls?
DSC01081My personalized letterpress notecards from Campbell Raw Press.  I just ordered another set because I use these so often.  There's something special about a hand written note, and it's all the more more special when the paper is good and the printing is even better.  If you're into correspondence, check out Maggie's work.  Her recent vintage stamp albums are nothing short of inspired, and all of her products beg to be held and used.
DSC01089Working with some inspiring people to set up a direct farm-to-consumer buying group in my area, called the Iowa Valley Food Coop. I have felt privileged to be present for the behind-the-scenes startup of an organization like this, and have learned a lot about the logistics of setting up a new venture.  I've also met some great people along the way.  Stay tuned for more info about the Coop, and if you're in the Iowa City/Cedar Rapids area, check out the website and consider joining.  There's no better way to support your local producers and get excellent quality food from your neighbors.
DSC01091This issue of Edible Iowa River Valley, with my friend Allie on the cover.  Isn't she adorable?
DSC01090It includes an article about Women, Food and Agriculture, whom I've written about before on here.  If you haven't already, check them out and consider becoming a member.
DSC01092This book.  I never thought I'd look up at page 400 and be sad that I was at the end.  An example of some great storytelling.  If you ever miss your grandpa, read this book.DSC01093This bread, from Monday's post.  It is SO delicious, and you still have time to make it before your get together tonight or this weekend.  It came together in less than an hour and makes some awesome toast.  The crumb is tender and the bread is just slightly sweet.
And finally, Simple Lives Thursday.  I enjoyed so many posts last week, and can't wait to see what you guys are up to this time around.  Grab this badge, put it at the bottom of your post, and link up!



No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs