Pages

Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Rosie's Best Gets a Facelift and some Shelf Time

Hey! It's Tuesday! I'm not sure I've ever been so excited for a Tuesday.  Today, I had the honor of putting my granola on the shelves of my favorite grocery store, New Pioneer Co-op.

The Co-op is a member-owned cooperative grocery store which specializes in local and seasonal foods.  It's my favorite place to buy produce, in part because it's so fresh, but also because they feature photos and stories of the farmers and producers who supply them.  (It was the first place I learned of Susan Jutz, my CSA farmer!)  This store is the perfect place for shoppers to connect my product with me, their neighbor.

Today, I walked into this familiar place and felt proud to put my granola on the shelves, where it stands out as their only local option.  I'm so excited that I'm able to sell my product within a mile of where I manufacture it.  For those of us who care about spending and eating locally, this is as good as it gets.

In anticipation of the debut, I decided that our packaging needed a change, and I couldn't be happier with the result.  I think the new approach better reflects my aesthetic and the handmade, small batch nature of my product.  Check it out:

DSC01132And here, in its rightful home on the main shelf at the Co-op.

DSC01138Lookin' sharp, I think, with a nice big L for local sticker below.

DSC01135House Recipe.

DSC01136So head on down to the corner of Washington and Van Buren Streets, and get 'em while they're hot!  Tell 'em I sent ya.  If you can't make it to the Co-op, check out my Etsy shop and get some delivered to your corner of the world.

And thank you, readers, for following me along this crazy journey.  I wrote this post on my birthday in October announcing the opening of the bakery, and you've been with me ever since.  I couldn't do it without you.

 

No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs