Pages

Thursday, March 31, 2011

Big Thanks, and Simple Lives Thursday, featuring a New Host

Greetings!
To say that this has been a hectic week feels like an understatement.  I've had granola orders to keep up with, but I've also had some orders for crackers, which are very labor intensive, and an order for dozens of my spiced almond butter cookies, too.

In scary/exciting news, the stock that I took to the Co-op on Tuesday of last week has been reduced by 2/3rds as of this morning.  I'd anticipated that stuff lasting at least a month (given that this blog and word of mouth are the only advertising I've put into it!) and have been overwhelmed, in the best way, by how quickly it's moving.  I won't have time to bake again until Saturday since such a large quantity takes up most of the day, but should have the shelves restocked by Sunday or Monday at the latest.

*THANK YOU* to each and very person who went out a bought a bag!  It's been so powerful for me and everyone else to see that there's a demand for my product out there.  It means the world to me to have your support and to know that you like what I've been cookin' up.  Please feel free to email me with comments/feedback/rants at rosiesbest AT gmail.com.

On to Simple Lives Thursday!
This blog hop has been growing every week, and I've so enjoyed seeing what has come from it.  I'm excited to share that we have a new blogger hosting with us starting this week.  Her name is Mare and she blogs at Just Making Noise.  Check her out and welcome her to the hop!
I wanted to share two posts from last week's hop which have really stuck with me since reading them.  The first is from Annette, who also hosts the hop at Sustainable Eats.  If you didn't know already, Annette has a BOOK coming out in October!  It's called The Urban Farm Handbook and is full of lessons she's learned setting up her own homestead in the Pacific NW.  If you're into that kind of thing, keep up on her progress on her blog, and check out her post from last week here.
Isn't the cover wonderful?

The other post I wanted to share is a simple one, but it's focus has been ringing in my ears because it echos some things that have been rolling around in my brain recently.  It's this post from A Good and Simple Life which discusses simplifying your mind by leaving behind old baggage.  It echos this sentiment that I very much appreciate:  I can do anything, but I can't do everything.  I was lucky enough to have parents who convinced me that I could do almost anything that I set my mind to, so confidence is not something I've struggled with in my life as much as others have.  But, to this day, focus is a terrible problem for me.  I started Rosie's Best to channel my food-related energy into something small and do-able and have been plugging away at it ever since.  But before I made that happen, I had a million different aspirations, ranging from starting up a goat cheese operation to an off-the-grid farm B&B.  (I seriously contemplated these and crazier.)  One of the hardest things for me to do is pull back and limit myself, but I'm starting to learn that this is what fuels my success.  In a way, my limitations are liberating.  I still dream big, but when it comes down to it, I've focused on this tiny part of the world: local, homemade, craft granola in small batches.  And guess what?  So far, it's been successful.  So whenever I long for the stage, or dream of fleeing the city to start an artists' colony/CSA, I have to remind myself to direct that energy into the path I'm walking down now.

I hope I've made it clear how much I look forward to Thursdays and the blog hop (not to mention that it's also my Master Mind group meeting day, too! I'll tell you more about that soon...) and I hope you'll look around, find some posts that speak to you, and consider contributing a post from your own blog if you have one.
In addition to Mare and Annette, Diana and Wardeh host along with me.  Grab this badge for your posts, and link up!


No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs