Pages

Thursday, January 13, 2011

Rosie's Best on the Etsy Blog! Plus some 365 pix & SLT #26

Hey everybody!
It's Thursday and that means a quick post from me.
I wanted to share a little love my Etsy shop got recently. 
Etsy has a great blog and yesterday there was a  post about granola.  You can read it here. While the post included a recipe for granola, it also included a few listings from Etsy for various types granola and granola-related products.  Rosie's Best got some nice traffic from the post, and it reminded me what a great community Etsy is.


If you've never used Etsy you might not know how many tools there are for people to find new handmade products and sellers.
When you make an account, you can try out one of my favorite features: making a treasury.  A treasury is a collection of listings around a central theme.  The theme can be anything from color to medium to location.  Rosie's Best has been lucky enough to be included in a few of these, including this manly treasury of ideas for Valentine's Day gifts for her husband.  You can see some Rosie's Best seed crackers on the bottom row.


Tools like these make Etsy so unique and useful to people who value things made by hand.  I love exploring and learning more about other sellers, and I love when I can connect with my customers in a such a deep way.
I'm still amazed at how well my customers seem to understand me and my point of view.  I was discussing my product with a great customer today and she asked me, as I mentioned on Culinary Bliss' facebook page, "Are your cookies made with eggs from happy chickens?"
I was excited that she even asked the question, and elated that I could answer confidently that not only were the chickens happy, they were just 20 miles from my home, cared for Amish and Mennonite farmers.  (Farmer's Henhouse is great!)

Along with Etsy, I've been browsing the food blogger stream on Flickr 365 for 2011.  I've been adding my photos to some great company.  Head on over there and check it out if you're interested.  I've been posting some food-related photos
  

and some personal ones, like Razi's chicken legs


It has been fun so far and I've managed to upload every day, though I don't expect that to continue.  I will take pictures every day and upload as often as I can without going crazy or continuing to neglect this blog too much.

Finally, it's Thursday, and that means it's time to link up your posts for Simple Lives Thursday!
I host with these bloggers:

Diana at A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
Wardeh at GNOWFGLINS
and Annette at Sustainable Eats


A buddy of mine in Portland just started his real food journey at The Selective Omnivore.  If there are any Northwestern bloggers out there, give him a hello!
That makes it your turn.  What are you doing to keep it simple these days?  I'm so ready to break ground on the garden this year.  We've got a little seed shopping planned for Saturday, so I'll have details soon.  Until then, link up those posts!







No comments:

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs