Pages

Thursday, December 16, 2010

Rosie's Best on NPR and Simple Lives Thursday #22

Hey y'all!
It's Thursday, which means it's time for the Simple Lives Thursday blog hop!

I'm honored to host with these ladies 

Diana at A Little Bit of Spain in Iowa
Wardeh at GNOWFGLINS
and Annette at Sustainable Eats


I'm especially excited this week because I get to share with you the radio show I participated in yesterday.

A good friend recommended me to be a guest on the show On Point, a live nationally broadcast show which is recorded in Boston.  I was a little nervous to be on national radio, but Tom and the staff at On Point were fantastic and made me feel totally comfortable.

The theme of the show was young entrepreneurs who are starting or have started a business recently.  I got to talk about why I bake and what it means in light of my full time job.  If you'd like to listen, here's the interview on their website, or you can find it as a free podcast on iTunes for the next week.  (Just look for "On Point with Tom Ashbrook") (You can *like* On Point on facebook here) You can also listen to it here:

01 Young Entrepeneurs Inventing Jobs

As a result of the interview, Rosie's Best has been BUSY!  In addition to getting lots of orders, I have been totally overwhelmed at the support and encouragement that I've received from people all over the country.  I was only on the program for a short time, but people still somehow connected with me and my story.  This is a small sample of some of the things people have been writing to me:


"I just wanted to tell you I heard you on the On Point Show yesterday. You were wonderful. Good luck to you and your journey."

"Heard you on NPR and happy to support the cause!"

"What a great story I just heard on the radio program On Point with Tom Ashbrook.
I stopped folding laundry to look you up on-line.  I want to support you by ordering your granola."
To all these people, and to all my readers, THANK YOU for supporting me and joining me while I figure this all out.  You guys make it all worth it.
And if you'd like to give some homemade goodies made with real food this holiday, order from Etsy or by email (rosiesbest@gmail.com) by Saturday for Monday a.m. shipping!  You can order after that, but I cannot guarantee it will arrive before the 25th. 

Since it's Thursday, link up your real food posts!

 


2 comments:

Diana@Spain in Iowa said...

Alicia, you sounded great and I love the message! I'll message you about what I'm going to be attempting here in Des Moines, but this radio show pumped me up!!

Sarah said...

Wow, this is so cool. I've been lazy on getting my order in to you, so I better hurry up!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs