I had a family dinner on Monday, where we celebrated a new baby that's coming (hopefully today so I can have a birthday buddy!)
The nephew tried to coax the baby out with sweet talk.
In 2007, I turned 24. Between then and now, I've managed to reach some major milestones.
I got married.
I graduated with my master's degree.
I bought a home.
I adopted the best dog ever.
Today, I'd like to add another item to that big list. See, for my birthday, I also got a little bling.
Today, I'm starting a business.
I'm Alicia Rose, owner and head baker at Rosie's Best, a fully licensed and insured home bakery.
More information about me:
I'm a home baker and take passion in finding and developing recipes that meet my high nutrition and taste standards. I've baked with my mother since I could stand, and the women in my family gather each winter to bake together and learn from each other. I want to share my food with all of you, and they are the ones who have given me the confidence and know how to do so.
About the ingredients:
I'm picky. In our products, you'll never find
- bleached white flour
- refined sugars, including high fructose corn syrup
- hydrogenated oils
- artificial flavors or colors
- artificial preservatives
You can count on
- locally sourced flours and whole grains from Paul's Grains in Laurel, Iowa
- locally raised butter and lard from ethically raised animals
- local honey
- superfoods like chia and pumpkin seeds
- organics when available
At Rosie's Best, we offer a range of baked goods from everyday crackers and granola to indulgent cookies, breads, and cakes.
- Vegan and low-sugar alternatives.
- A standard menu available all year, customizable to your needs and preferences
- Seasonal specials to celebrate abundant ingredients at the peak of their quality.
So, where can you find Rosie's Best?
Today, you can find me here on Etsy. You can also find me at rosiesbest.wordpress.com, which will soon become rosiesbest.com.
If you want to meet me and sample some Rosie's Best products, including my gorgeous braided cranberry walnut loaf, I'd like to invite you to the New Pioneer's Taste of Home Sample Fair on Sunday, November 7th at the Coralville location from 11-3 p.m. I would love to meet you and let you try some of my products.