Pages

Thursday, August 5, 2010

How to Make your own Dress Form and Another CSA Share


Greetings!  It's been an interesting week for me, and I apologize for not posting sooner.  That said, I think you're gonna like this one :)
I'm going to start by showing you our latest CSA share and market goodies, and then I'll show you the awesome dress form I made for myself that is based on my own body!
First, the share:


More after the break.


We also got some lovely extras, including these eggs in a marshmallow egg carton




It's time to pickle again in our house, so I bought a ton of cucumbers and jalapenos.




On to the dress form!  
I'm a big thrift shopper but often vintage clothes don't fit well.  I made this dress form so I can alter clothes to fit my body perfectly with minimal effort. 

Basically, to make this form you simply wrap yourself in plastic wrap first, and then with three layers of duct tape.  Cut the tape down the center of the back, patch back together, and stuff with any stuffing, from plastic bags to batting.  Easy as that you have a dress form that's all you! :)



She's pretty cute, huh?  Try this for yourself and you'll see how much easier it is to sew without any extra help.

See you very soon!

ETA: here's a nice tutorial on making your own dress form from Etsy!





2 comments:

Ben and Carrie Tracks said...

What's the best way to find out about CSAs shares around the country? Do you have a favorite website for this? I've asked around at farmers markets but have yet to get very helpful info.... nice to have found your site on the hop!

Very cute dress - nice work :)

-Carrie

Alicia said...

Hi Carrie!
Thank you for your comment!
The best website I've found is this one: http://www.localharvest.org/
I hope you can find a CSA, and thanks for finding me!
-licia

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs