Pages

Thursday, August 19, 2010

Garden Update!

Greetings!
Today I'm going to update you on everything that's coming up in the garden.  I have worked very hard on tomatoes, and they're finally paying off.  Here was my evening with some very good friends.










Chives


Herb garden.



A small beet.


Here's some kale, some friends, and my dog.



This garden has produced so much joy, and we've already canned 12 quarts of tomatoes for the winter.  We've been eating little bits from it every day, especially kale, and going to the grocery store much less.


3 comments:

Melynda said...

Very nice!

Sustainable Eats said...

Wow that's amazing you've canned 12 quarts of tomatoes already! We are just getting the first of the ripe canners now it's been such a crummy summer. Luckily I had predicted it and was focusing on the cherries, plums and 4th of July ones.

And I have serious rain barrel envy. You would think we would all have those here in Seattle but I'm terrified of the roofing material. There must be some way to filter it maybe - have you looked into that or do you have a different roof than composite?

Anonymous said...

Hi Annette!
I have regrettably not looked into the roof composition, but as I mentioned on my facebook I really haven't had the need to use my barrel yet because this year has been so unbelievably wet around here. I plan to use it for non-food plants until I can figure out what exactly my roof is made of. Thanks for the heads up!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs