Pages

Saturday, April 17, 2010

A Long-Overdue Update: Flowers, Seeds, and Gadgets

My life has been so full these days, so I've been putting posting on the back burner.

I've been running outside thanks to this spring, which is most certainly one for the books.  In fact, I've been running alongside my dog and husband, which has been very satisfying family time.

I've been weeding.



Hanging out with my dog.


Going on walks.


Picking flowers.




Making lots of veggie pizza. 




I've also been starting my garden, downstairs.  I've got peppers and tomatoes going down here, along with two successive plantings of kale.  Watching seeds grow is facinating and a daily source of satisfaction.  I'm a little behind where I was last year, but things are moving along quickly.









In addition to the garden, we've decided to get a CSA this year from the lovely ZJ Farms in Solon, IA.  I had so much fun doing the One Share Project last summer and we're very appreciative to have such high quality local food available to us.  

We've also acquired a couple new kitchen accessories.  Our old French press needed to be replaced, so we upgraded to the 12 cup version.  We drink a lot of coffee and the press is our favorite way to have it.



More excitingly, my tiny three-cup food processor finally broke and we replaced it with this machine, a Cuisinart.  It has served us extremely well and I have a meal to share that shows how useful it is, but that is for another post.




My farmer's market begins on the first of May, and soon it will be the time of abundant green produce and easy meals.  Until next time, get out there and enjoy spring!




3 comments:

Jess said...

Oh my! That food processor is the one I want. Let me know how you like it. That's awesome that you're growing your own garden. I should try that sometime, but I am totally not dedicated when it comes to plants. I don't have that nurturing quality in me.

Linda said...

I didn't you know like to run. Do you enter races?

Alicia said...

Hey Linda! Nice to see you.
I have never entered a race but am considering a few this summer. I'll probably post if I do!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs