Pages

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Announcing: Rosie's Best! Buy What I Make

Ok, I'm going to get right to the big news. 

I'd like to announce Rosie's Best, a small food company selling simple but special food, handmade by me!

Rosie's Best is home to whatever food products I'm making that I think you might like.  Every recipe is one that I've made many times and tested on my family and friends.

Everything is made after you order, and with high quality ingredients, so you can be sure it will be fresh, delicious, and beautiful.

You can find my products on Etsy, the online marketplace for handmade things.  Check out my shop here!


For now, you'll find these things, most of which make fantastic gifts. (Click the titles to get to the listings)

I eat granola most days of the week, and I love experimenting with new flavors.  Right now, I'm making a few different styles.

Rosie's Best Granola: Simplest Mix, made with local honey and chia seeds.












I'm also making my more indulgent chocolate granola in two mixes. 


Rosie's Best Granola: Double Chocolate Mocha, made with Ghirardelli cocoa powder and coffee.




Rosie's Best Granola: Double Chocolate Cherry, made with tart cherries.






I have been experimenting with marshmallows and have already had good success.  At my store, you'll find different permutations of marshmallows, including by the dozen, and in one of my favorite listings, a set of marshmallows, hot cocoa mix, and a gorgeous vintage cup and saucer set.

Rosie's Best Homemade Marshmallows, Hot Cocoa Mix gift-set with Vintage Cup and Saucer



I can't recommend these marshmallows enough.  They are so so good, and made with very simple ingredients.  These are better than any of the stuff you grew up with, but you bet you can still melt them into hot cocoa or toast them over the fire, or under the broiler ;)



I've also listed some of my handmade soft pretzels.  These were my first sale :)


Rosie's Best Homemade Soft Pretzels with Salt, Sesame, or Poppyseed 






Finally, I have listed some treats for the non-humans in the house: my homemade doggie treats!


Rosie's Best Homemade Dog Treats, made with peanut butter and parsley.




Look at my dog, modeling his Wooly Wooly Collar!  As I took this photo, the husband said, "Aw just give it to him! He's drooling!" 




 
I'm not quite sure what this venture will bring, but I couldn't have done it without the support of many people, including Maggie at Campbell-Raw Press.  Maggie has been an adviser, mentor, support group, and graphic designer all in one while I've been putting this stuff together  Check out her etsy here and order some of her gorgeous work. 

I strongly believe that the future of this country is in the hands of sellers and buyers.  Please, look beyond the dollar when judging the value of a product.  Something handmade might be a little more expensive than something mass produced, but the support of individuals and small businesses is a worthy investment.

Let's make this a handmade holiday!

Rosie's Best will change based on customer demand and my whims :)  If there's something you see on this blog, or somewhere else that you'd like me to consider selling, contact me and we'll make something work. 

I couldn't have done this without the blogger community, so thank you to you, too, dear reader. 

Until next time, have a look at the etsy and let me know what you think!

 

2 comments:

Karrey Smith said...

Those all look scrumptious. Good luck!

Maggie said...

So exciting! Speaking from experience, that dark chocolate / dried cherry combo is delightful! I think apple butter would be a great addition - any preserved treats, actually. Maybe that's a project for the summer when produce is back?!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs